Mandy
This weekend was meant for errands. Sending wedding invitations, getting flowers, doing laundry, weeding the garden, etc. I will not lie to you, none of that got done. But I did have a blast.

Saturday Joe & I joined our friend Christina in Dupont Circle. We chatted, shopped and got excellent food: Thai at DC Noodles, Cupcakes at Cake Love, and dinner and drinks at Scion. I think the highlight of our experience was the cupcakes. We talked to the owner/baker, and he recommended the best of the cupcakes: Peanut Butter. I suggest that to everyone....best cupcake I've ever had. Before dinner at Scion, which was also delicious, we went to a second hand book store called Second Story Books. I loved it. It had so many books I've never seen before. I couldn't leave without buying 2 dorky math books. (I whole-heartedly embrace my geeky side). I can't wait to dive into them.

As for today, Sunday, it started out bad, but progressed into a great day. We woke up and left Tina's at 6ish, and emarked on a mission to get our engagement shots done with Sarah & Kelly. Problem one came quickly, we couldn't get a train to take us back to our car in Shady Grove (which had Joe's clothes). They were all going to Medical Center. So finally after waiting a ridiculous amount of time, we decided we couldn't wait any longer, we had to go to Georgetown. Though it was only 5 stops away, it took over an hour.

As soon as we slowly ascended the escalator, the clouds opened up and released the rain. We were soaked to the core. I had my make-up done in Starbucks and then we changed our outfit (or what we could) and snapped some pictures around Georgetown's canal. After lunch, the stores finally opened and wwe were able to buy Joe a nice shirt for the photos. By then, we were sweating our butts off. I can only hope that we don't look like we just ran a marathon iin the photos. For now, I just can't wait to see the vision that Kelly & Sarah had.

I guess I'll just wait and see. : ) I'll post them when I get them!
1 Response
  1. Nick Says:

    sounds like a fun day. I would have had fun there too! except for the soaking wet part.


Post a Comment