Mandy
This weekend Joe & I went on an engagement retreat. If you want to be married in the Catholic Church, you have to complete a bunch of these type of things. We meet with the priest about every other week, attend Natural Family Planning classes, and lastly, we had to attend this retreat. At first I was annoyed. Why do I have to spend an entire weekend there. I'm planning a wedding. I need that time! I HAVE A LIFE! I fumed all week and this obvious insensitivity for me time.

I must say the weekend made me eat my words. One we were at this monastary/spiritual center, I decided to embrace the spirit of the weekend. to harness this openness and this uninterrupted time to grow as a couple. Joe was put on the second floor, with the boys, and I was placed on the 3rd, with all of the girls. We were barraged with questions, some we had talked about, some that we had. Some were emotional, and some were not. We had to write each other love letters.....

We got up extra early to enjoy peaceful walks during the sunrise. It was a great weekend. I might post some of the entries that I wrote when we headed our seperate ways at night, if I can get motivated.




Blogged with the Flock Browser
Labels: edit post
0 Responses

Post a Comment