Mandy
Now, more than ever, I'm really getting amped about photography. I spend my time looking at professional photos and wondering how to get those results. People primarily believe that the better the camera, the better the photos. But I can't afford a sweet digital SLR (at least not yet). So, whats a girl to do?

I found some other techniques that are less expensive than a $1000 camera.
  • Lomography is the use of a relatively inexpensive camera. Some variations of the camera distort/enhance the color, while others take pictures like out of a "fish-eye".
  • Through the Viewfinder (TTV) is the art of taking a picture through another camera's viewfinder. The contraptions are pretty crazy, but I might be able to pull it off if I can find a good old camera to use. It will probably look as ridiculous as this one.
Now I just have to try/buy some of them & take some pictures.
1 Response
  1. kelly Says:

    So, as I posted on your facebook wall, can we please take this photo journey together? You are my best friend, and we are both majorly digging this, so lets journey together. And, for once, lets try not to compete (though it might be an impossibility). I enjoy photo dates with you, so we should have more. Let us use what little resources we have and try being creative and inovative.
    Whenever faced with limited resources, you have 2 options; option one is to give up and say that you cant do it bc you dont have the right tools, option two is to use the tools you have in new ways and find creative solutions to the hurdles that face you. Some of the best art and photography techniques come from people in just our situation, so lets make the most of it!
    I miss you friend!!
    Also, I think we need better editing software...


Post a Comment