Mandy
Today I had a meeting the U.S. Department of State eDiplomacy team. It was good to talk to them today, as they are experts in knowledge management and some of the few surviving social media pioneers in government! (Go eDiplomacy!). They showed us their main community (a system of blogs. They call it communities because the idea of a blog is overwhelming to government personnel. lol. And I thought it was just NIST) and wiki.

I think that overall, their sucess was pretty inspirational. Change in government and culture is so hard to acheive. It was some much needed affirmation to our team. I also find, though, that I'm not really comfortable with the whole wiki ideas. Yes, I know I'm the new "webmaster" of the ISD twiki, but I'm not a firm believer in the application. But maybe I'm biased. I was hoping for a facebook like application.

Either way, I'm open to the idea. Just as I am finally opening up to twitter. (@AmandaDrapalski) I'm trying out the software to see if there is any benefit. I've watched some other people make really great connections via twitter, and I'm open to it's possiblilities. Wish me luck!
1 Response
  1. Nick Says:

    I'M WISHING U LUCK!


Post a Comment