Mandy
I have spent the better part of several weeks now trying on an assortment of bridal gowns with little to no success. I wish I was one of those flowery girls who knew exactly what they wanted, but sadly I am not. I must confess that when I envisioned my wedding, I never really thought about the dress, but instead about the pepole . Who was there, who would I dance with... etc. Never about the details.

Oh well. After about 15 dress shops, I have found the following irritating notes
  1. Just say wedding & the price triples - People pay more for their dresses then Joe did for his car. (80% cost more than my ring)
  2. Simplicity is dead - Apparently a wedding day is just an excuse to wear more tacky beading & sequins than should ever be acceptable.
  3. Brides think they are royalty - Why else would they all wear tiaras?
  4. Every bride should want the same thing - Strapless dresses. "Hunny, you need contacts." "You should diet." "I'll put you in a corset to control your waist. " "Have you heard of a gurdle?"

The barrage is exhausting. Tonight I am going to go back to David's Bridal & pick whatever dress is within my budget. The less I spend on the dress, the more I get to spend on exploring the world for our honeymoon.

0 Responses

Post a Comment